Saturday, January 21, 2012

Kay's Natural Mini Meals!




I had the chance to try some truly amazing products in the past few months. Recently, Kay's Mini meals sent me a box of their products to try!  Healthy and filling mini meals which were low in calories and surprisingly tasty as well.  Made with a great mix of soy protein, fiber, carbohydrates, and good fats these products help curb the appetite.

Kay’s Naturals has chosen to focus on a healthier balance of ingredients:
  • 100% gluten-free
  • 30 - 35% natural soy protein
  • 10 - 18% healthy fats
  • 10g - 12g fiber
  • 20 - 40% carbohydrates

Every 1-ounce (28g) serving has:
  • 9 -10g natural soy protein
  • 100 - 110 calories
  • 9g -13g carbohydrates
  • 1g - 3g fiber
  • Low saturated fats/no trans fats
Kay's Meal Plan is

1. Flexibility —add your favorite shakes & protein bars pre or post workout.
2. Easy to follow plan
3. Convenient
4.. Filling and satisfing
Special thanks to Kay's for sending me these special treats! These mini meals are not only low in calories, but really do taste great and provide a good source of protein for energy. These are individual snacks baggies (1 oz.) that have a little over 100 calories, high in lean soy protein, are gluten-free, and as mentioned above include fiber! 


I tried their 7 day meal plan which included the following:


Apple Cinnamon Cereal (2) *favorite*
Honey Almond Cereal (3)
French Vanilla Cereal (2)
Chili Nacho Protein Chips (5) 
Crispy Parmesan Protein Chips (3)
Lemon Herb Protein Chips (5)
Cinnamon Toast Pretzels (2) *favorite*
Sweet BBQ Mix (1) (favorite)
White Cheddar Kruncheeze (1)  *favorite*
Jalapeno Honey Mustard Pretzels (3) *favorite*
Honey Almond Cookie Bites (3) *favorite*
Cinnamon Almond Cookie Bites (4) *favorite*


Kay’s Naturals foods are always free of artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors and preservatives.  I am not too big on breakfast because I'm never hungry in the morning so my daily breakfast routine consists of mostly Starbucks coffees but I decided to give their products a chance for something to nibble on with my am coffee and I found their Cinnamon Cookie with Almond bites to be my personal favorite (my husband as well). Each bite is filled with almond and coated with a yummy cinnamon  sweet flavor. If you like nibbling on something small and sweet with coffee, this is perfect. No guilt, low calories and you can't go wrong with cinnamon!! This also goes well with milk if you want to be creative and make it into a cereal too. That is what is great about these snacks, they are versatile. You can mix and match. My hubby loved their Apple Cinnamon cereal as well and found it could also be used as a yogurt topping.



The Jalapeno Honey Pretzel sticks were very tasty, one of my favorites too. These are great with absolutely any beverage, water, wine, anything! I've never tried this flavor on pretzels before and the calories per bag are incredibly low. I plan to buy this flavor because it was so incredibly tasty. I love cinnamon flavored pretzels as well so these were also highly favored by me. I am a big pretzel fan and since these are high in protein, gluten free and made with all natural ingredients, they are ultimately the tastiest, healthiest pretzels I have ever tried! I try to make an effort to only put healthy foods in my body and Kay's natural products really helps lock in a great taste and protein benefits in one package. So if you are looking for something healthy, low in calories and packed with protein and good healthy stuff, try Kay's natural mini meals, you will not be disappointed!












1 comment: