Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pro Crunch Lite Peanut Butter Goodness.




I'm new to blogging and just trying to get my head around it and after some careful consideration,  I've decided that this blog from now on will be focused towards something I am obsessed with... food! Specifically, low calorie snacks, treats and beverages as well as other colorful culinary delights. I still want to have a venting location for my personal life so I will be creating a secondary blog for issues surrounding that. Having two separate blogs geared and focused towards two very different purposes will help me maintain some structure. I’m not as efficient and productive as I would like to be as a blogger so my hope is that this blog enables me to achieve that goal.  Having two blogs also gives me a chance to write everyday and practice writing. I read the key to consistent, efficient, productive blogging is very similar to getting into the habit of exercising so since I am a creature of habit and I thrive on keeping a routine, my expectations are hopeful.

First a little background on me, when it comes to food, I am as calorie conscious as you can get. There are certain foods that I have listed as off limits which I will never consume and there are some that I consider "safe" which I swear by. I'm the type of person that always notices the calorie counts posted in New York City fast-food restaurants.  I probably know the calories in any random food off the top of my head and I work out almost everyday.  I am clearly bent toward perfectionism. I try to keep what is inside my body pure and clean.

I have been fixated on protein bars lately. Generally, I look for at least 10 to 15 grams of protein or more, and maybe no more than 20-30 grams of total carbs and I try to make sure it's not packed with sugar.


There is nothing worse than buying a protein bar that is no different than your average candy bar and to that I say thanks but no, thanks! There's different types of bars all contain varying levels of protein, carbohydrates, fat, and sugar, depending on their intended goal.Yesterday, I tried GNC's Pro Crunch LITE in peanut butter. My ultimate favorite flavor in protein bars.  These are good tasting bars for a great price that aren't very chalky but are light yet deliciously filling and flavorful without being heavy.They are perfect for quick energy before a workout.

Rating ★





5 comments:

  1. Sounds Tasty, I will try some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, I will pick some up at my local GNC, I followed you from Tumblr but I don't have a blogger account. I will still read your page though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a blogger account either but I followed you from your tumblr account. I would try these bars, I love peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Protein bars are great. I will try these.

    ReplyDelete